Soft Tofu Stew
Soondubu Jjigae (순두부 찌개)
3 pcs dried sea kelp
1/2 cup kimchi
1/2 cup zucchini
1 pack enoki mushroom
1/2 smalll onion
1 tsp garlic
1 tbs hot pepper powder
2 tbs oil
1 tbs soy sauce
salt & pepper
- Wash clams in cold water. Boil in 3 cups of water and 3 pcs of kelp.
- Chop up the onions and crush the garlic.
- Slice the zucchini.
- Remove the bottom part of the mushroom.
- Take the kelp out after boiling for 5 min. Cook the clams for another 5 min. Set aside.
- Preheat an earthen cooking bowl on the stove at medium.
- Put 2 tbs oil in a frypan. Add the red pepper powder and saute for 10 sec. Add the kimchi and onion. Saute for 2-3 min.
- Transfer the kimchi mixture to the earthen bowl. Add the clam broth and reserve the clam shells for later. Add the zucchini and 1 tbs soysauce and cook on high.
- Cut the tofu in the middle with a knife. Once it boils spoon the tofu little by little and add to the bowl. Add the mushroom. Turn down to medium as soon as it boils. Cook for 5 min.
- Put in the clams and green onions cook for another 5 min.
- Season with 1/2 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Crack an egg on top and turn off the heat.
Eat with rice and enjoy a drink! ^^