Green Mussel Soup
Honghap Tang (홍합탕)
- 500g green mussels
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 tbs ginger
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tbs salt
- Clean the green mussels with cold water. Scrub the shells clean and pull out or cut the beard.
- Put in the pot and add water until its 2 inches above the green mussels. Cook on high.
- Peel the onions and chop it up. Peel ginger and cut it into thin matchsticks. Peel and crush garlic. Slice the tomato into wedges.
- Toss all of them in the pot. Boil it for 10 min.
- Add the green onions and cook for another 3 min.
Tip: Consume your green mussels within 24 hours of purchase. Heat only twice. Freezing and thawing multiple times loses the integrity of your shellfish. Buy only fresh and alive shellfish.