Another common side dish is algamja jorim (알감자 조림). It has a mild sweetness from the caramelized sauce. This is similar to gamja jorim except that it uses baby potatoes. I actually prefer this one cause i can keep the skin on, and it tastes better with it.
- 15 baby potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs corn syrup
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs cooking wine, mirin
- Wash the baby potatoes and scrub them clean.
- Put into a deep pan or wok and pour in the water.
- Boil on high until the water is reduced to half.
- Put the remaining ingredients and turn down the heat to medium. Boil for 20 min.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle sesame seeds. The sauce should have caramelized.