It's healthy and quite filling. 1 burrito will fill you up if you're a light eater. Of course, the filling and the sauce can vary. Use fresh vegetables as much as possible.
Try this very simple recipe and let me hear about it.
- 4 medium tortillas
- 4 slices lean bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- alfalfa sprouts
- honey mustard
- Make a scrambled egg. Crack 1 egg. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Put a little oil in a non stick fry pan. Wipe the pan with a tissue to coat with oil. When the pan is hot enough, add the egg. Stir as the bottom settles. Continue stirring until egg is cooked all through out. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon on a nonstick pan. Do not add anymore oil. Let it cook on its own fat. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash then peel cucumber. Cut into long strips. Wash tomato then cut and remove the seeds. Dice into tiny pieces. Wash the alfalfa sprouts and remove bad parts.
- Slice cheese into quarter inch thick sticks.
- Heat the burritos on a pan for a few seconds.
- Assemble the burrito. Drizzle the burrito with honey mustard sauce/dressing. Cut the bacon strips into two if too long, then lay it on the burrito. Put the rest of the filling each on top of the other or as tight as you could. Drizzle a little more honey mustard on top of the filings. Roll the burrito carefully so the fillings wont fall out.
- Cut diagonally .