We had a samgyeopsal party one saturday and had some left over pork so I decided to make this. Instead of pork belly, you can also use pork tenderloin or sukiyaki cut. Although the sukiyaki cut maybe too thin. I marinated this meat and cooked in to 2 batches. I was worried that it had gone bad being in the ref for almost 5 days. Surprisingly, it could keep long, provided it was stored cleanly.
Many people don't like eating the same food the very next day or even twice a week. Well my life is eating the same thing I had for dinner the next day at lunch. As for my hubby, I only gave him this a week after he had the first batch. He doesn't like eating the same lunch he had the day before. We like to eat this wrapped in lettuce with rice and pah muchim. I actually like this much better than the plain samgyeopsal because its less greasy. Try this at home. It's good for a dinner party at home with some soju. ^.^
- 2 cups pork belly cut up to bite size
- 1 tbs cooking wine (mirin)
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbs red pepper paste
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs garlic crushed
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- ½ Onion chopped
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- Mix the meat ingredients and marinade for 5 min.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients and mix.
- Combine the sauce with the pork. Put in ziplock bag and put in the ref for atleast 30 min. You can leave it overnight for a better flavor.
- Heat a skillet and put in the meat. Oil isn't necessary since it will cook on its own fat. Fry until pork is well cooked.